Friday, July 11, 2008

Movies you should seek out

I'm bored here at work, so I thought I'd give you some movies that I've seen that some of you may not have. They're pretty obscure. (I think so, anyway.)

1. The Return Of The Alien's Deadly Spawn- Probably early 80's. I saw this one in the theatre when it came out, and back when they used to show movies like this in the theatre. It was only out for like 3 days, at least in Williamsport PA. I found it on vhs years ago, and made myself a dvd copy of it. Definitely worth looking for. Terrible special effects, worse acting. Gouts of blood. The 3 things I look for in a movie.

2. Nightmare- Again, very early 80's. Chances are, if you look this one up, you'll find A movie called Nightmare, but it won't be this one. Again, saw it in the theatre for the 3 days it was out. (God, I miss the early 80's!) It's about a serial killer that stalks a little kid. Can't get away with THAT shit anymore!

3. The Car- Starring James Brolin. Possibly made-for-tv. Back when they made COOL made-for-tv movies! It's about a Devil car that terrorizes a bunch of people at a church in the middle of the desert. The sound the car makes is classic!

4. Duel- Starring Dennis Weaver. Not as obscure as the others, but definitely worth seeking out. About a guy driving across the desert (what is it about cars and deserts??) when he gets harrassed by an evil trucker. Also, it's Steven Spielberg's first movie. After seeing this movie, my mom, if there was a truck behind her on a 2-lane road, would pull over and let them pass! Seriously!

That's all I can think of now. I have to get back to work anyway.
I'll try to come up with some more...
If you have any that I should seek out, I wanna know about them!

4 comments:

xtalcase said...

I need to rent these.

Tom H. said...

Yes, you do.
Update!
All of these, with the exception of "Nightmare" are available on netflix!
I would have put the links on there, but it kept sending to my own netflix account. I don't wanna sign out cuz I can't remember my password. haha!
But, enjoy!

Unknown said...

I remember The Car and, of course, Duel. I think another one that should make the classico obscuro list is Killdozer.

Side note on your earlier post about remakes. I am now OK with the idea of remaking Logan's Run. I just finished reading the book and it was actually quite a bit different than the movie.

Tom H. said...

Ooo! Killdozer! I don't think I've seen that one! I'll have to add that to my "want" list.