Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A little tip for you....

So, I figured out how to abruptly end a conversation with an insanely boring customer without being completely rude.
While they are jabbering away about a subject I lost interest in by the time they hit their second sentence, I reach into my pocket and slyly open my phone. I find the arrow pad with my thumb, nodding every once in a while to act like I'm interested. I press "down" which brings up my phone book. Then I press "up" which goes to the last name in my phone book, which is "work". Then I press "go". Suddenly, the work phone rings! "Oh, I'm sorry, I have to cut you off. But I'm very interested in why the blacktop looks darker when it's wet! But I have to answer the phone."
Then I pick up the phone, and pretend I'm in a conversation until the bore leaves. And, believe me, a conversation with no one is more interesting than the shit I listen to sometimes.

So, there you go.
You're welcome.

2 comments:

Kev Seconds said...

YOU SONOFABITCH! You just pulled that on me a couple of days ago while I was telling you about the new pencil I just bought!!!!!!

Tom H. said...

No! That was a real phone ring! It was VERY INTERESTING! I swear!!