Friday, June 27, 2008

If I was on a desert island...

Lately, my friend Samantha Marie and I have been coming up with Desert Island Whatevers. Top 5 movies, cd's, songs, books, etc that we'd have on a desert island that was equipped with dvd players, stereos, etc...

So I figured it would make a good, quick blog.

Here are my Desert Island Dvd's, in no particular order.

1. Night of the Living Dead- I HAVE to have a zombie flick on the list, and this one is the best by far. I'll NEVER get sick of watching this movie.

2. Pulp Fiction- Tarantino at his best. There is so much going on in this movie, I could watch it over and over. And I have.

3. Slap Shot- The best sports movie ever. Hands down. If you haven't seen it, see it. You'll be quoting it for the next year or so.

4. The South Park Movie- Still makes me laugh my ass off everytime I see it. The best show on tv, and one of my all-time favorite comedy movies.

5. Full Metal Jacket- Best war movie ever made.

There you go. Let's hear yours!
Maybe next time I'll do cd's.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

In no particular order:

The Maltese Falcon
Logan's Run
To Sir, with Love
The Time Machine
Waiting for Guffman

Lists like these change moment to moment with me, so if you asked again tomorrow I'd probably have some different ones.

Tom H. said...

I remember when Logan's Run first came out. (great movie, btw!) It was before Charlie's Angels made Farrah Fawcett-Majors a star. She has a small bit part in it. Then, after she was huge, and they showed the movie on tv, it was "Logan's Run, starring Michael York and Farrah Fawcett-Majors!"

James said...

Once again in no particular order

Clerks
Shaun of the Dead
Star Wars Episode IV
Evil Dead II
Blazing Saddles

Tom H. said...

Evil Dead "2"???
You disappoint me, my friend.

James said...

The scene where Ash cuts off his own hand with a chainsaw is one of THE greatest moments in cinematic history.